Thursday, September 16, 2021

Strike





I have never been real big on bowling but ill go occasionally now and then. The other day I went to Inman's In Valparaiso Indiana where it was dollar per person only on Wednesday. So we went because were all a bunch of broke college kids and it was cheap. I got there and my friends already started a game so I got the lane next to them to warm up.

 I went up front to get my bowling shoes and my lane. I headed over to the lane and started to bowl when one of my friends called me weird for not curving the ball when I threw. Yeah I don't bowl enough to do that. I has been something I have always wanted to learn to do. So my friend started to show me how to do it. lets just say I only bowled a 35 that first game. I was throwing the ball into the gutter left and right. As the game went on I ended up getting two strikes with it. 
 Then I played another game where I did the same thing trying to curve it. That second game is when I started to get the hang of it scoring a 116 it's no 300 a.k prefect game. Our other friends came and joined my lane and that's when I really started to do good scoring a 145 which was the highest score of the night out of us. There is a term called getting a turkey and not the thanksgiving kind but it's where you get three strikes in a row. lets just say I had about 4 chances to get one and didn't come through once, but still throwing very well. I didn't lose one game the entire night. 

Then it became late so we decided to play one last game with all of us in one lane. My friend Seth wanted to bet that he could beat me ironically he taught me how to curve. So we made a gentleman's bet and my first ball was a strike. The next ball was a strike. followed by another strike on my third throw. I finally go the turkey after choking it all those times. My next two throws were strikes getting a totally of five in a row. Then I sold my prefect game on the sixth frame and got a spare. My final score was a 230 it was the best game of my life and Seth only through like 80 he was having a real bad game. For the first time ever curving the ball I did amazing and it felt so good to play my best game with my friends. I would recommend going especially on the dollar game night its a lot of fun.




2 comments:

  1. You should compete! Great work Mason I was really engaged and loved the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally cannot believe you got five strikes in a row, especially sense you've barely played before. I remember the last time I played I got a 40 or something and honestly just stopped trying by the end of it. I love that you didn't stop and kept going, it clearly played off. Definitely keep practicing, I agree with Mihajlo, you should compete.

    ReplyDelete

Six Flags

                                        https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ZoI_wnrBvX0/maxresdefault.jpg  Me and my girl friend went to Six Flags Great...