Friday, August 27, 2021

Back To School

You Can't Follow CDC Guidelines': What Schools Really Look Like During COVID -19
https://www.edweek.org/leadership/you-cant-follow-cdc-guidelines-what-schools-really-look-like-during-covid-19/2021/03

This year is going to be a little stressful with going back to school. The normal we used to know is gone. We now live in a time where a mask is our everyday life, can't even go to the store without one, or can't even workout without one too. Now schools across the country are requiring people to wear them at all times. I wonder if you forget your mask just as much as I do? 


Covid-19 was a world shocker to everyone. Schools across the country shut down, so students and teachers struggled with transitioning to home life. I don't know about you but learning math at home was nearly impossible for me. The other classes I could get by, but math is the one subject that trying to teach yourself is almost like learning rocket science. I got so used to learning at home that it became a habit and I kind like not leaving the house and being able do all my work at home. Humans are creatures of habit and we like our comfort zones. Home is a place of comfort so not being able to leave home is nice but I lose all the interactions with friends. Now that we have to go back to school with everyone its going to take a little bit to get used to again. Since, were going to school again I have to wake, up get ready for school, and drive to it everyday rather than roll out of bed and log on. The one thing I like though going back I can meet new people and interact again instead of sleeping or watching Netflix all day.


COVID-19 | South Kingstown, RI
https://southkingstownri.com/998/COVID-19

 

The year and a half I had of being at home started off as a struggle but became kind of peaceful. I didn't have to hear all the drama and craziness of school. School has never really been a problem for me, but the fact that we had to learn a whole new way of learning it was kind of rough. Teachers for a fact are happy to be back in class because you don't have to deal with all the technology issues that would happen at home. That was a big issue I hated about being at home there was so much miss communication and technology issues.


The whole covid-19  has a tone different options which causes some people to get mad over. If I want to go with out a mask when I'm vaccinated I should be able to go out without being harassed. I should be able to take the risk because its my fault if I get sick. Stress hasn't really had a tole on me but the constant worry of oh I forgot my mask what if I get kicked out. I get that people don't want to get the virus and be safe but if I'm far enough a part I shouldn't have to worry about my mask. The virus is so hectic its a matter of where do you stand? 





2 comments:

  1. It's a LOT. We all get frustrated, and you CAN take off your mask in certain situations. For school, the thinking is ... well, surely you know. With the variant, the numbers of unvaccinated (vaxxed ppl can transmit, etc.), it just makes sense to keep us all as safe as possible.

    I get it. I get it. Honestly, the plastic insert I bought on Amazon has been a Godsend. It keeps the mask away from my face, just a bit, so breathing and talking are more manageable, and my lips don't touch the mask. Check it out?

    Thanks for sharing, Mason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True I can’t leave home without forgetting my mask and my teachers also had technology issues last school year.

    ReplyDelete

Six Flags

                                        https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ZoI_wnrBvX0/maxresdefault.jpg  Me and my girl friend went to Six Flags Great...